A General Member Teaching Specialist is a health sciences faculty member committed to the teaching and supervision of learners. The appointment is renewable every 3 years. Applications are now being accepted.
- Hold a faculty appointment in one of the Health Science Faculties, University of Toronto or in another health professions education institution in Toronto.
- Minimum of 100 teaching / supervision hours per year (or equivalent) in undergrad, post-grad, graduate, continuing education, or faculty development. The 100 hour minimum will be prorated for part-time faculty dependent upon the nature of the part time appointment.
- Participation in the Centres monthly Best Practice in Education Rounds (BPER)
- Participation in continuing professional development in the area of teaching / education
- Mentorship of faculty with an interest in improving their teaching skills
- Annual summary of academic activities and productivities for inclusion in the Centres annual report (template will be made available)
- A platform for networking with colleagues in the areas of teaching, education scholarship, education leadership and faculty development
- Mentoring and career development
- Enhancing identity and recognition within home department
- Opportunity to enhance teaching skills through participation in the Centres programs
- Opportunities to participate in working groups/committees
- Invitations to attend all Centre sponsored events
- Invitations to attend special members only events
- Access to CFD educational resources
Members will be appointed by the CFD Executive Council or designates. Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis. Please submit the following materials electronically, to Camille Borromeo
Your application package should include:
Questions about membership or the application process can be directed to:
Education Program Coordinator
(416) 864-6060 x77419
Email Camille Borromeo